This week, I’ll be looking at quick tips for all the different major smartphones, to make using them easier and more efficient.
Lets jump right in a look at the iPhone.
Not only one of the most popular phones, its easy to use, and the high quality + wide choice of Apps available make it a flexible phone!
- Anytime you are in a list, like the address book, or on a webpage, tapping the time at the top will jump to the top[ of the page. A great way to navigate, quicker!
- In Safari, often the webpage you are in is longer than the text box containing it. Tapping the FRONT of the address will jump to the end!
- When someone calls, pressing the power button once will mute the ringer, clicking it twice in rapid succession will send that call to voicemail
- Enabling the battery percentage notification is simple, but it’s hidden! Try looking under Settings>General>Usage.. There it is!
- Universal Search… This is a newcomer to OS 6 and above. Click on the magnifying glass, or just start typing, and the phone will search contacts, menu settings, email addresses…instantly!
- Type “mypin” or “mynumber” (without the quotes) and your BB PIN or phone number will display for you!
- Use Blackberry’s built in QR reader to add new contacts to your list!
- Pressing Shift+Delete will remove all the text in a field, great if you want to retype a message before sending it
- Make sure you set up a Gmail account before you do ANYTHING. This will ensure that contacts are always saved by default to this account instead of the phone, saving headaches in the long run
- Download Tasker, it will save tons of your battery. For example, set it up so that GPS is enabled when you launch maps, and disabled when you quit.
- If you are rocking a Nexus, organize your apps into folders.. just drag one on top of another to get started!
- Long press on your homescreen to quickly add widgets, shortcuts, and to change the wallpaper!